- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees, etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information, etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations, etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners, etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards.
- Proven experience in a relevant role with 10-15yrs
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mind-set
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field